Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting into the new swing of things

Well it’s been a while… I know last time I said I would do this more often, this time I plan on keeping it up more in fact I’m going to set a calendar reminder to make sure I do it!

Life is a lot different for me now, most of you know why but there is so much more. Work is a lot less hectic this time of year. Just have 5 more Softball games and a bunch more Baseball games, but since I love watching baseball so that’s ok with me. This year is a little bit different than last year, this year I have 7 awesome student workers that make my life much easier! They have been working with me since football season so my trust in them and their ability to do what needs to be done grows with every event. This means that I don’t have to attend every game, well at least not stay for the whole thing. Now I can get them started and then head home or just sit in the stand and watch, and of course critique everything in my head! But 90% of the time they do a great job. I even have a few come to my office and learn how to produce animations. Always a learning environment at Texas State!

When I’m not at work I have found a new joy in walking my baby boy Hurley! I have been doing a lot of walking recently. I try and get him an hour of walking a day. He does have some behavior issues but we are working on those. We started a group class with Lee Mannix www.lmccb.com he is really progressing well. He is very nervous and lacks confidence and I don’t know why, so he likes to be mean to people and other dogs because he knows it will keep them away. But like I said we are working on it and I can really see a change in him and that makes me happy because I really want to take him to a dog park where he can run and play with other dogs!

After our walks we hit up the DVR or www.channelsurfing.com. I usually tell people I have the TV viewing habits of a 14 year old girl, but I also pride myself on watching and finding quality TV programs too. For instance, I was on the Grey’s Anatomy train from the start but have missed the last 3 seasons and from what I can gather that was a good move! Also I watched every episode of ER also was there from the start of Arrested Development, The Office and many more. My newest quality find is Parenthood, don’t get me wrong I still love my reality TV like Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser and Survivor but I am a huge fan of great writing and good drama. My all time favorite show is “Sports Night” probably the best written show of all time followed closely by “Studio 60 on Sunset Strip” surprisingly written by the same guy! Back to Parenthood, it has such a great cast Peter Krause (in Sports Night and Six Feet Under) and as I found out this year it is pronounced krau-say, had me fooled. Also has the amazingly beautiful Monica Potter, you might know her best as Patch Adams girlfriend. Lauren Graham of Gilmore Girls fame also Bad Santa! Then there is the voluptuous Erika Christensen, drug czar’s daughter in Traffic and also in Swimfan. Craig T. Nelson/Coach and the biggest surprise to me Dax Shepard probably most well known as the guy on the original Punk’d. This guy is good in this show maybe the rest of the stellar cast has brought it out of him. The show is about four siblings all in different places in their lives but now all in the same town. It explores their relationships and is just plain good. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alan Sorkin is somehow involved in the writing, he is the guy that wrote Sports Night, Studio 60… and West Wing which I never watched. If you get a chance check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

My days at work have changed a bit too. Now that the home events are getting slow I’m producing a lot more TV Spots (commercials). These are fun because I get to take chances and try new things. Right now I’m trying to come up with a concept for a football season ticket spot. My research for this consists of watching various commercials on YouTube and trying to figure out how they do things and how I can put my own spin on them. Then I play around with the various programs I use and come up with a 30 sec spot. Lately I have been playing with this 3D type looking thing with still photos it’s a cool look but it is kind of hard to get perfect without staging photos which can be hard to do with the schedules of Student-Athletes and their sometimes difficult coaches… that is a different blog! So keep your eyes peeled for that spot to appear here when I get it all done.

Lately I have been getting home sick for my real home in Southern California! I feel like I’m never going to get back there. It scares me with the high price of living and the thought of finding a job there that will allow me to live how I want seems impossible. I get the feeling that there are really only 2 safe places to live there now and both are super expensive, Orange County or North San Diego County… it is sad. Really I just want a job on a Coast…just not the South Coast! Also a place that is called a beach and not the “coast”! I guess it will happen someday just need to keep that résumé tight and up to date!

One more thing check this out are you that tough?

I miss you!

Well ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment