Monday, April 12, 2010

Walks, Barks and Wags

What another blog within a week of the last one!!! So I took Hurley for a pretty long walk today, to do that I had to take a route that I’ve never taken before. I quickly learned that I wouldn’t be taking that route again! First off right out the door we saw 3 other dogs being walked so he got riled up from the start and made the rest of the walk that much more difficult, but we pressed on. We actually saw another boxer but Hurley wasn’t as excited to see him as I was, he just wanted to bark and lunge. So I drove this route to make sure it was possible to get through every street and be able to circle back, looked to be a good route, lots of trees and shade and not real busy. This all proved to be true what I didn’t know from my drive was that there was a dog living at almost every house on the street! So with Hurley already excited we hit the street and the first house had a dog that barked at us and the domino effect continued down the WHOLE street. But once we got down that street he calmed down or just exhausted himself and the rest of the walk was good.

While on the walk I made some decisions about some real important things, like what houses it would be ok for Hurley to poop at and which ones I would pick up the poop! It all started with a house that had icicle Christmas lights up. I thought that if they don’t care enough to take down the lights then surely they don’t care about a little dog poop on their lawn. Then I started looking at every house that I passed and gave them the dog poop test. I saw a house with 3 rolls of carpet in the front yard, poop house. There was a nice house with a decent lawn and clean front area, not poop house. So I tried to put a list in my head together of criteria for poopable lawns. I came up with a few: Christmas lights up, more than 2 newspapers on the lawn, any house that super fan lives at (I passed a house with a giant longhorn logo on the garage door),a trash can at the street when no one else has one out, if I see dog poop and any house that has purple somehow involved in their paint scheme and I mean purple purple, not lilac or some light shade. Any additions are greatly appreciated!

Next I want to tell you about The Voice of The Bobcats 2.0. Never mind I don’t have anything to say about him…

This week Hurley and I have a lot of “homework” to do. He has really learned a lot and passed his first test with flying colors last Thursday. We are working on hand targeting and recalls (come). This week in class we will be working on loose leash walking after today I learned that you just have to walk him a mile then he will be tired and walk right next to you!

Our Baseball team swept a conference 3 game series this weekend and face the #6 Texas Longhorns tomorrow and then the other good team in the conference this weekend. I was hoping to travel with them to play but instead I have to stay in town to film cheerleader tryouts…

Boy did the SF Giants get real excited about starting the season off undefeated that just means they will have a longer streak of losses later in the year. Giants suck

One of my favorite things I’ve heard about major league baseball “You will win 50 games and you will lose 50 games its what you do with the other 62 that counts” I think that’s a cool quote. I’m glad my favorite show Baseball Tonight is back on air!

I put a new showerhead in my shower what a great thing to do. If you don’t enjoy your showerhead I suggest you go get a new one! Waking up is enough to make you angry why make it worse with a crappy showerhead? Get it done

I love watching/reading people having breakdowns on Facebook. Need attention much?

Have you ever had a joke or saying that you and a friend came up with and then someone else constantly uses it? I get angry. Is that wrong?

If everyone makes fun of mullets why do people still rock them? I think John Kruk even got rid of his

The other day I was at the baseball field while some players were getting some extra hitting work in, one of the coaches asked me to come hit a few! I was in khakis a polo and house shoes (they are fancy ones so I wear them to work). I missed the first 3 pitches then fouled 2 off and then finally had 3 base hits. Still got it!

My battery is quickly dying on my laptop and I left the charger at work so I will close this while I still can

Miss you lots

As always comments are swell

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to leave some love at the houses with a car in the driveway that has a cover over it like it's something special and needs to be kept in pristine condition.

    ReplyDelete