Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm Back! for now...

Wow It has been so long. I cant believe my last post was on March 1st. So much has happened since then. I got a full time job, still in school, got my girlfriend to go to school and so much more.

So the job. My official title is Athletic Video Production Assistant. Basically I produce,shoot,edit and post all video content on our website www.txstatebobcats.com along with that I create and produce all video content on the jumbotrons for 6 different sports also I supervise the operation of the video boards at the 6 sports! So I go to a lot of sporting events, which isn't all bad. The funny part about my job, and job title is that I am the Assistant but there is no one that I assist. I do it all. The truth is I really like my job. I love working in an Athletic Department it is such a fun atmosphere. Plus there are lots of perks! I get to travel sometimes with the sports to away games to get footage for highlights, I really like traveling with the teams. This year I went to every away game with the football team, I got to go to Ft Worth to watch us play then #15 TCU and now #4, Southern Utah, which included some golf in Mesquite, NV also went to Louisiana twice and up to Little Rock, Arkansas. The best part of traveling is the food. Especially with the football team, they feed them very well there is always a trip to Golden Corral or 2.

Sadly, for my girlfriend, my job dominates most of my time.

Our football team this year was pretty good. for most of the year were the only team to post 21 points on TCU! The offense was looking good most of the year and if not for 5 or 6 plays we could be in the playoffs right now. We ended up 3rd in our conference but we beat the 1st place team that just won its 1st round playoff game! I'm hoping they do well as it is a good reflection on our Conference.

Our Volleyball Team is still playing as a result of a Conference Tournament win. They are scheduled to play Texas on Thursday in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament. Its really an unfortunate draw because Texas is the #2 team in the country. I feel bad for our girls, but I guess you never know. I think our location has a lot to do with that match up.

Our Women's Soccer team finished the year undefeated in conference only to fall in the final game of the Conference Tournament to just miss a trip to the NCAA Tournament.

As for the rest of my life there is my Girlfriend Chelsea, and my dog Hurley. Hurley is a Boxer and a former cuddler. He sleeps in my bed with me every night, or as he thinks I sleep with him every night. He is a good dog but has some social issues that I hope to tackle now that my schedule will lighten up a little. We have taken him to a trainer that is really good and showed a lot of improvement but can still use a lot of work. He has a problem with other dogs and sometimes people.. This makes me sad because I really want to take him out and about! So I will work hard to make that happen!

Ok now that I've caught up....

I have these 4 sites on my bookmarks that have special deals everyday. I bookmarked them in the hopes of purchasing things online now that I have a steady income and some cash in the bank. It has been a good 7 months and there hasn't been anything worth buying, perhaps that is why they are on these deal sites. It is a little ironic that I want to buy these things since I give my mom such a hard time for her constant purchases from QVC! And now she is hooked on this new site www.alice.com at first i was skeptical but after looking at it a little bit I recommend that you check it out! Basically you go on there and pick out the household items you buy organized by room (deodorant, laundry detergent, cleaners and toilet paper) any way you buy this stuff and the delivery is free and its priced right along with WalMart or Target. The cool part is it reminds you when to buy more based on estimated usage! So when you are low on TP Alice will tell you to get more! Its a great idea, I think delivery is like 3 to 5 days but it seems like a good idea. I will be making my first purchases on Tuesday (pay day).

Well until next time and hopefully more often.

Oh yeah today I realized the Winter Olympics are coming soon. That's exciting!

Hurley is snoring....

No comments:

Post a Comment