Monday, February 23, 2009

School and Stuff

School is in full swing and this is by far my hardest semester. I have been at this school for a few semesters now and this is the first one that I have homework almost every night. And along with all of my extra activities its not been the easiest time to keep up. thus I haven't blogged in a while.

Since my last post a lot has happened in the Athletics Department. We opened our new Softball stadium last week. It was a big time challenge. I stopped by the office around noon to help load some graphics for the game and was quickly roped into so much more. I didn't leave that night until after the game. But I loved every minute of it. It really was cool to be a part of the big event. I helped setup the furniture in the suites loaded the press box with chairs, tested our camera, setup some fan relations stuff and even saw the first fan walk in. Once the game started I was on a wireless shoulder camera and had access to the entire facility. It was fun to go on and off the field and in and out of the dugouts. Although we didn't put many live shots up it was fun being a part of it all. The best part was beating #19 Texas A&M in the bottom of the 7th 3-2 photos.

All of that excitement parlayed into a great Bobcat Bonanza, the annual athletic fundraiser, the following Friday. The night was really cool, I've never been to an event like that. The night started off with a closest to the pin competition for the VIP guests then a nice catered dinner by Texas Roadhouse also an open bar, then came the live auction which was a great time. we auctioned off a trip to Reno for 2, a trip to Mesquite with the Football team, and a bunch of NBA court side tickets. There was also a silent auction with lots of cool items highlighted by a Nolan Ryan signed baseball. I think we ended up making close to $40,000 that night.

Next week we are opening our brand new Baseball stadium against #4 Texas. I'm super excited about it because My brother, his wife, my mom, my mom's friend and my girlfriend will get to go to the sold out game as well. I'm not sure if I will be on a camera or just in the booth doing computer stuff but either way I'm happy to be there and hopefully we get a win!

My reality TV addiction has been fueled the past few weeks. Survivor is one of my favorites it started last week and I was sad to see that 2 of the better looking girls were voted off in the first 2 weeks. I also got addicted to this horrible, awful show called True Beauty. I don't know if any of you saw it but they took 10 pretty people and put them through a few challenges to find their inner beauty. I was please to see that the nicest, prettiest girl from Texas was the winner.

I guess that's all for now. Leave some comments let me know you are reading.
I miss all of you that I haven't seen in a while and hope that you are all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment