Friday, February 6, 2009

Random Entries

I'm going to start this off with a disclaimer that this may be a very random entry. I haven't wrote in a week or so and a few different things have caught my attention that may (or may not) be worthy of writing about.

As seen in my previous post my trip to Fogo De Chao was great but what I neglected to mention the bathroom it featured something I've been saying, mostly to myself, that needs to be a new trend. That trend is the lower urinal! You know there is always a few urinals at one height then the one at a lower height that some may claim are reserved for kids! Anyway, this may get a little graphic, but I always use the little one purely for the lack of splash on the hands! You might laugh but guys you've experienced this before, peeing at a urinal and maybe a little splash on your hands or near your pockets, I really hope I'm not alone in this experience. With the lower positioned urinal the splash, at best, hits your pants around the knees, short wearers have a whole new problem. But I prefer the splash on my knees rather than back on my goods or on my hands. Sure you could wash your hands to take care of it but why not prevent it all together! So it was nice to see that a high class place like Fogo has embraced my silent idea of only having low ones.

As I was riding the bus around campus the other day I saw something that totally perplexed me... A girl was walking along with her left arm full of books and in her right hand a Large cup of coffee as well as a lit cigarette! So it made me wonder what her plan of attack was to take advantage of that lit cigarette. Any ideas?

Also something that bothers me is when people try to get on the bus before people get off. WHY?

This week of school was good my classes are challenging and I've quickly lost the excitement I had for this semester. One highlight though is the new position I have picked up I am an Intern in the Athletics office working with the marketing dept. I work with some really cool, creative and smart people that work hard to get things done for the school. It's a real exciting time for Athletics at our school with all of the new facilities being built. We open our new Softball stadium on Feb 18th with a home game against Texas A&M, I'll be running a wireless camera at the game, it will be the first game in history we will have a camera working to supply the scoreboard with live images. I'm excited.

Also today I did an interview with one of our athletes for a piece to be posted on our website, I will post a link, I also have one lined up for Monday and look forward to a few more by the end of the month.

I'm working on a logo for something at school. I have all of these ideas in my head but I don't have the skill to make it come to life via Photoshop or Illustrator.

Not sure how I feel about the 33yr old unemployed single mother that just had 8 kids to bring her grand total to 13....

My dog snores. It makes me sympathize with my girlfriend for having to deal with my "loud" breathing.

In my Exercise Physiology lab I learned that I am a powerful being. We tested our power and I shocked myself with my abilities. My vertical was 8'11"! That means I can pretty much touch net! Don't come in my house!! but truthfully my vert was 1'7" I was proud.

One of my favorite shows, Friday Night Lights, aired an episode on Friday that featured my school stadium as Texas A&M. good stuff.

Did anyone see that Lakers win in OT over the Celtics without Bynum? I missed it!

Its great to be in Texas in February where people are laying out tanning because its been like 78 all week

be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment