Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Surprise visitor

So I'm sitting in a computer lab at school on Monday printing out some material for my next class, ok I'm also looking at facebook, and I get a text message from my long time friend Nick Carrillo (check out his facebook) his message asks when a good time time come visit is. We had been talking about him visiting for a month or so and we had potentially settled on sometime in March, so I replied "anytime after Feb 14th is great" he said I was thinking more like today. So I say great come today. So I go to class and he messaged me to pick him up at midnight in Austin. Good Times! I'm so excited he is here. He is the only the second friend to visit me here in Texas, the first being Lance Dombrowski, Nick is doing great living his dream of making his own schedule and making a living at something he loves.

Nick was nice enough to take me and my beautiful girlfriend Chelsea out to dinner last night. He wanted to treat us somewhere that was "super juicy". So I did a little research and we decided on Fogo De Chao. WOW is really the best response to the meal we had. I don't know how many of you are familiar with what Fogo is, it is a Brazilian steakhouse. After being helped into our seats we were asked what kind of water we would like sparkling, spring or regular water, being the water snob I am I requested spring and the rest of the table agreed and so our glasses were filled with a fresh bottle of spring water . Next we made our way to the salad and appetizer bar, it was a fantastic spread of traditional brazilian munchies as well as amazing salad toppings. We returned to the table to find a basket of bread, tried it and regretfully informed Nick and Chelsea how good it was so we fought over it the rest of the night. The bread reminded me of Popovers that my Aunt made when she visited. Moving on to the best part of the meal, the meat. So this is the neat part you have complete control of your dining experience, you have a little token that is red on one side and green on the other so when you want meat you put green up and guys come to your table with huge skewers of meat and slice off and this isn't just any meat it was delicious and so many different options from rib eye to fillet Mignon to pork and bacon wrapped chicken. It was unbelievable! By far the best meat I've ever eaten. I would highly recommend this place as a treat to yourself sometime.

After that treat we went and met my good friend Courtney to celebrate her 21st birthday on the square in San Marcos. We had a great time it was really fun to be able to finally buy her some shots and drinks while she was out with us.

All in all it was a phenomenal evening great friends and great food....what more do you need

No comments:

Post a Comment